2021 Webinar: Medical Records Chapter and Final Changes: Meeting the CMS Hospital CoPs and New HIPA
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
This educational activity is jointly provided by AXIS Medical Education and the
North Carolina Healthcare Association
This webinar is being offered in coorporation with the Georgia Hospital Association
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) made changes to the hospital Conditions of Participation (CoP) in November 2019 including changes to the requirements of history and physicals for healthy outpatients, discharge planning, and access to medical records.
This program will cover in detail the CMS regulations and interpretive guidelines for medical records. There will also be a brief discussion of the pandemic 1135 waivers as the waivers affect medical records. This program will also cover some information on HIPAA from the Office of Civil Rights, including the difference between patient access verses when an authorization is needed. Lastly, there will also be a discussion on the Joint Commission, which recently changed many of their standards to comply with the CMS CoP requirements.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this program participants should be able to:
- Recognize that CMS has specific informed consent requirements.
- Describe when a history and physical must be done and what is required by CMS and the Joint Commission.
- Explain that both CMS and TJS have standards on verbal orders.
- Recall that CMS has standards for preprinted orders, standing orders and protocols.
Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Medical Staff Coordinator, Compliance Officer, Joint Commission Coordinator, Medical Records personnel, HIPAA personnel, Quality Improvement personnel, Risk Manager, Legal Counsel.
NEW pricing structure for multiple registrants! NCHA Member hospitals, please read carefully.
- $175 for up to 6 connections within your hospital.
- $225 for 7-12 connections within your hospital.
* TQCPSO members receive a 10% discount. Use the promotion code TQCPSO10.