Joint Commission Hot Topics 2021: Advanced Directives, Contracts, Grievances, Informed Consent
Tuesday, May 04, 2021
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
This educational activity is jointly provided by AXIS Medical Education and the
North Carolina Healthcare Association
This webinar is being offered in cooperation with the Georgia Hospital Association
This webinar will cover several need-to-know Joint Commission topics for 2021 including the new changes to the September 2020 and January 2021 Joint Commission standards. In addition, the session will detail the Joint Commission requirements for advance directives, contract management, grievances, informed consent, and more.
CEO's, CFO's, COO's, CMO's, CNO's, Physicians, Compliance Officer, Joint Commission Coordinator, Quality Improvement personnel, Risk Manager and Legal Counsel.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this webinar series, participants should be able to:
- Recall that the Joint Commission has two sections in the manual that address the issue of informed consent.
- Cite that the Joint Commission requires hospitals to have an informed consent policy.
- Describe that the Joint Commission has contract management standards, and that the hospital should evaluate every contract to ensure the performance indicators are met .
- Recognize that the Joint Commission requires hospitals to provide patients with written information upon admission on advance directives.
- Recall that the Joint Commission states that patients and families have a right to have a complaint reviewed, and the review must be completed in a timely manner.
- Discuss the Joint Commission changes to the hospital standards from July and September of 2020.
NEW pricing structure for multiple registrants!
Select your registration option and receive a link to share with your staff.
$175 for up to 6 participants
$225 for 7-12 participants
* Members of The Quality Center PSO (TQCPSO) receive a 10% discount. Use the promotion code TQCPSO10.
CE's included for all paid registrants. Instructions to obtain credit will be shared after the webinar. You must attend LIVE to be eligible for credit.
Registration fees must be paid at time of registration.
Meeting details and CE Information