Webinar: Restraint, Seclusion, Ligature & Suicide Risks: Complying with the CMS CoPs & TJC
Thursday, May 13, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Restraint, Seclusion, Ligature & Suicide Risks: Complying with the CMS CoPs & TJC Requirements
This educational activity is jointly provided by AXIS Medical Education and the
North Carolina Healthcare Association
This webinar is being offered in cooperation with the Georgia Hospital Association
The Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) and the Joint Commission (TJC) require hospital staff to be educated on restraint and seclusion, and these topics continue to be a major concern for both CMS and TJC. The leading area of deficiencies in the CMS Conditions of Participation is regarding restraints. CMS and TJC have also promulgated requirements for hospitals to prevent ligature risk and self-harm from patients who are suicidal.
Resources to aid hospital staff in achieving compliance of the CMS and TJC requirements regarding restraint and seclusion will be provided in this session. Tools to assess a facility’s ability to meet safety requirements and assess patients for risks of self-harm and suicide will also be included in the presentation.
CEO's, CFO's, COO's, CMO's, CNO's, Physicians, Compliance Officer, Joint Commission Coordinator, Quality Improvement personnel, Risk Manager and Legal Counsel.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Define the CMS requirements for a patient in restraint and/or seclusion, including reporting requirements and an internal log when a patient dies while in restraints.
- Recall that CMS requires that all physicians and others who order restraints must be educated on the hospital policy.
- Describe specific items CMS requires to be documented in the medical record for the one-hour face to face evaluation on patients who are violent and or self-destructive.
- Recall that CMS has requirements to prevent ligature and suicide risks for patients with suicidal ideations.
- Identify the Joint Commission requirements for hospitals to follow to prevent patients from self-harm, including hanging or strangulation.
NEW pricing structure for multiple registrants!
Select your registration option and receive a link to share with your hospital or facility staff.
$175 for up to 6 participants
$225 for 7-12 participants
* Members of The Quality Center PSO (TQCPSO) receive a 10% discount. Use the promotion code TQCPSO10.
CE's included for all paid registrants. Instructions to obtain credit will be shared throught the program evaluation. You must attend LIVE to be eligible for credit.
Registration fees must be paid at time of registration.