Will There be a Doctor in the House? Physician Supply, Demand, and Staffing in the Era of COVID-19
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
The Covid-19 pandemic has profoundly altered the healthcare industry and virtually every other aspect of the economy and of life in the United States. And yet, many of the underlying dynamics fundamental to healthcare remain. One of these is the time-honored fact that healthcare is provided by people, for people. The emergence of Covid-19 has not altered this fact, it has only made it more apparent.
In this presentation, executives with the nation’s leading physician search and consulting firm review the emerging methods that hospitals, medical groups and other healthcare facilities are using to retain and recruit medical staff during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The program includes original data from a physician survey conducted by Merritt Hawkins in collaboration with The Physicians Foundation that tracks how physicians are being affected by and responding to Covid-19.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this COMPLIMENTARY webinar, participants should be able to:
- Discuss key trends driving physician supply and demand
- Identify social determinants of health that are not going away
- Describe survey data, physician response to Covid-19
- Understand how to recruit physicians in the age of Zoom and keep the momentum going
- Describe physician compensation/recruiting incentives
- Discuss what will change and what will remain the same
Target audience: Hospital and healthcare CEO's, CFO's, COO's, CMO's, CNO's, Physicians, Trustees, and HR Directors